Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacFan25863

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 20, 2004
OK, so I have a template I created and sliced in Photoshop and ImageReady. I put in 2 small "repeater" slices to both sides of the content box. I exported it with Tables (didn't want to use CSS because it renders horribly in IE, which is what most of my clients will be using). I took out the images in both the "repeater" tables and used CSS to make the background of those tables the orginal image.

Now, normally, when you make the content box larger (by adding text, etc), these boxes will repeat down to fit. However, now when I make the content box larger, I get these horrible spaces inbetween the images and tables on the other side. Here is an example:

Site without enlarged content box

Site with enlarged content box

Any ideas? Thanks!

Voidness

macrumors 6502a
Aug 2, 2005
Null
MacFan25863 said:
OK, so I have a template I created and sliced in Photoshop and ImageReady. I put in 2 small "repeater" slices to both sides of the content box. I exported it with Tables (didn't want to use CSS because it renders horribly in IE, which is what most of my clients will be using). I took out the images in both the "repeater" tables and used CSS to make the background of those tables the orginal image.

Now, normally, when you make the content box larger (by adding text, etc), these boxes will repeat down to fit. However, now when I make the content box larger, I get these horrible spaces inbetween the images and tables on the other side. Here is an example:

Any ideas? Thanks!
Dude, this is horribly sliced. You need to slice the design in Photoshop a lot more efficiently. Also, never use the HTML generated by Photoshop or Imageready, NEVER! :)

angelneo

macrumors 68000
Jun 13, 2004
afk
MacFan25863 said:

Any ideas? Thanks!
I think you might have to do some planning beforehand. Try separating the header, footer and the menu into 3 tables. If you are using imageready, generate the html from the separate images. Then using another table, lay them out accordingly. That way, you can have your content extendable to any length.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.