Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

clausbvc

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 20, 2014
Denmark
Just received my new MacBook air M2, and using the transfer assistant from older intel Macbook air.
Everything fine - except Dropbox requires Rosetta to run.
Does the earlier M1 adapted Dropbox release not run on M2 Macs?

Really annoying, and only very little info to use. Dropbox forum suggests restarting (!), but for at least one (and only) other user this does not solve problem, and Rosetta pop-up screen still coming when trying to launch (as for Spotify as well).

Any info on M2 and Dropbox non-compatibility?

xraydoc

Contributor
Oct 9, 2005
Just received my new MacBook air M2, and using the transfer assistant from older intel Macbook air.

Really annoying, and only very little info to use. Dropbox forum suggests restarting (!), but for at least one (and only) other user this does not solve problem, and Rosetta pop-up screen still coming when trying to launch (as for Spotify as well).

Delete Dropbox and install the newest version off their website. The current version is Apple Silicon native and should not require Rosetta.

Last edited:
Reactions: Tagbert

jav6454

macrumors Core
Nov 14, 2007
1 Geostationary Tower Plaza

For apps, it's always best to redownload them instead.

davekro

macrumors regular
Mar 31, 2011
No. Calif.
Can someone confirm the Dropbox App version number(s) that are specifically Silicon Native and do not need Rosetta?

I too am just setting up my M2 MBA and finally found a version (154.4.5363) that would download the DropBox APP to my M2. Though I am not certain it is the Silicon Native version, since I said yes to downloading Rosetta to the M2, when trying to get -any- .dmg version to install. Also, the ver. 154.4.5363 is the same version thats running on my 2012 Mac Mini. Maybe the ver. 154.4.5363 really is the latest version and it is both Silicon Native -AND- backward compatible with older OSX versions (My Mac Mini is still running Mojave 10.14.6)

9to5Mac in their March 3,2022 article says"Version 143.4.4161 of Dropbox for macOS comes with support for the Apple Silicon platform, which is the basis of the M1, M1 Pro, and M1 Max chips" They show a link to the Beta version 140.3.1903 from January 12, 2022.

D'Loads folder D'Bx at 7.53.57 PM.png
Spotlight D'Bx-2 at 7.52.24 PM.png

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.