Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

TheRiseofTheFal

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 9, 2008
Lexington
Hey there, I bought my first iPhone in October of last year and I had no problems with it until I was fortunate enough to have it get drenched in a storm, I got lucky and Apple replaced my phone for free, but my new phone drops calls like it is its job and in addition it can take up to half an hour for texts to come through, they show up half an hour late but with the timestamp of when they were sent...I live right outside Philadelphia and get perfect reception but it still drops calls and refuses to deliver timely text messages...any suggestions about what I should do? I was hesitant to go to the genius bar to see if you guys had any input

SFStateStudent

macrumors 604
Aug 28, 2007
San Francisco California, USA
Hey there, I bought my first iPhone in October of last year and I had no problems with it until I was fortunate enough to have it get drenched in a storm, I got lucky and Apple replaced my phone for free, but my new phone drops calls like it is its job and in addition it can take up to half an hour for texts to come through, they show up half an hour late but with the timestamp of when they were sent...I live right outside Philadelphia and get perfect reception but it still drops calls and refuses to deliver timely text messages...any suggestions about what I should do? I was hesitant to go to the genius bar to see if you guys had any input

A quick trip to the Genius Bar would be recommended. Yep, my neighbor had the same situation and they replaced it within five minutes of his appointment. :cool:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.