Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

skubish

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Feb 2, 2005
Ann Arbor, Michigan
I am surprised a game like this isn't on the AppStore yet. Its a simple game and would be great on the iPhone. Anyone find something like these games under another name?

TripleJ

macrumors regular
Jul 30, 2008
I am surprised a game like this isn't on the AppStore yet. Its a simple game and would be great on the iPhone. Anyone find something like these games under another name?

Could you explain the basic idea of the game? I'm always looking for things to code :)

xUKHCx

Administrator emeritus
Jan 15, 2006
The Kop
Here is a webapp for Office Wars.

But yes, Dope Wars would be a welcome addition.

And the associated Dope Wars. I have been playing this dope wars web app for quite some time now but it is a little slow compared to native applications.

I guess apple would reject dope wars from the app store due to its negative connotations.

chrisb3

macrumors regular
Jul 12, 2008
Brooklyn, NY
And the associated Dope Wars. I have been playing this dope wars web app for quite some time now but it is a little slow compared to native applications.

I guess apple would reject dope wars from the app store due to its negative connotations.

Apple probably would reject it. Maybe someone should email the web app dev and see if they're interested in making it into a native app?

ying yang

macrumors regular
Sep 18, 2006
Maybe change all the direct drug references to double entendres and write a "wink wink" sales pitch.

Change all the drugs to types of flowers. "I've got your daffies, now where's the money?"

skubish

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Feb 2, 2005
Ann Arbor, Michigan
Maybe change all the direct drug references to double entendres and write a "wink wink" sales pitch.

Change all the drugs to types of flowers. "I've got your daffies, now where's the money?"

Yeah now that I think about it Apple wouldn't allow Drug Wars. Then they would have to get into the whole ESRB rating system. Office wars would still be OK. Its the same game expect you are buying and selling paper, ink, pens, staplers, etc.

Hls811

macrumors 6502a
Apr 19, 2004
New Jersey
Has everyone missed the obvious?

"I'll take 20 nano's and 3 MacBook Pro's". I'm then flying from Cupertino to Moscone West to unload a few iMacs".

"Oh no! The Geek Squad got me and took all of my :apple:TV's! They left me with 30 Zunes!"

Boy do I miss DopeWars.. the hours I wasted playing that on my old Palm...

Someone. Develop. Now. Please.

(I'll only need a "thank you" in the credits for the theme idea.. and 10% if its a paid app!) :cool:

Here's some categories:
"Drugs:"
iPod Shuffle
iPod Nano
iPod Classic
Touch
iPhone
:apple:TV
MacMini
iMac
MacBook
MacBook Pro
Mac Pro

Locations:
1 Infinite Loop
Moscone West
Yerba Buena Center for the Arts (SF)
Apple Store Fifth Ave (NY)
Apple Store , Regent Street (UK)
Apple Store, Tysons Corner (VA)
Apple Store, Boylston Street (MA)

Small White Car

macrumors G4
Aug 29, 2006
Washington DC

When I was in high school back in 1998, everyone shared drug wars on our Ti-86 calculators.

To keep the teachers from getting upset about it, some kid had reprogramed it as "Lemonade Stand Wars." And all was good in the world.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.