Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ForthRightAfter

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 8, 2008
just got a notification for ds video to be updated to support apple tv 4th gen, went to atv app store and there it is, happy day!!

samh004

macrumors 68020
Mar 1, 2004
Australia
I was holding off on buying a 4th generation for this release, so now I just need to see some reviews before I make the plunge. I'm currently running a 3rd generation AppleTV and sometimes the AirPlay streaming (5GHz 'n' network) seems like a joke.

If there isn't much of an improvement I'm happy to continue suffering without shelling out for a new device, but if the newly launched app does a much better job, that changes everything!

Hanterdro

macrumors regular
Nov 23, 2014
I don't use the Synology Video Station because managing Meta-Data is very bad compared to Plex. For some movies wrong covers, titles and descriptions are automatically downloaded with Synology. In DSM 5.x is no way to disable the automatic download by the GUI, or the prefer local data over data from the internet (e.G. if you movie has a descriptions but no cover Plex used the local description and downloads only the missing cover).

Is there any improvement in DSM 6?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.