Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

InAppleHeaven

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 6, 2003
Howdy y'all. I currently have bellsouth DSL. For some reason,when I put my powerbook to sleep or shut down, I have to unplug and plug the modem to re-establish a connection. Is bellsouth just timing out? Or is there another problem? Also, I have AOL and it connects just fine at any time. Weird. Is there anyway to correct this? Thanks

Darwin

macrumors 65816
Jun 2, 2003
round the corner
Ok so from what I've gathered you have a wireless router/modem, when the PowerBook goes to sleep or is shutdown it won't reconnect to the wireless network?

It could be either the router or the PowerBook but I'm thinking that the PowerBook is the one with the problem, otherwise you would be losing you wireless connection with the need for sleep or shutdown

When the PowerBook is awake it doesn't see the Wireless network at all?

InAppleHeaven

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 6, 2003
Yes

Yes. it still sees the wireless airport extreme base station. Has a great signal. Bellsouth told me I would have to unplug the power to the dsl modem and then plug it back up to regain the connection. And, since I still have AOL, it connects using the bellsouth service with no problem. And sometimes, when I log on to AOL and then open Safari, Safari, Mail, ITunes, and everything will connect. But this is only half the time. Like I said, very weird. Otherwise, when it wakes and I launch Safari, a window pops down and says "cannot find the server launchmodem.redirect.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.