Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

WeatherWeasel

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 28, 2019
Des Moines, Iowa
I have a Brother HL-L3230 CDW laser that has issues. It drops connection with my dual band fiber modem. I have to go over to the printer, pull the plug, wait, plug it in and then it reconnects to the modem. I have an imac and the wife the macbook pro. Happens with her computer. I have contacted Brother tech support, let them know the printer is connected to the 2.4ghz band and all that. They want me to remove all the drivers, re-install them. I did that the same issue. So I asked, if we bought one of their dual band printers would that solvle things and of course I get the "call me" thing and when I call , kill the drivers, reload them and so on. BUT when I ask about their dual band printers, as it seems that the printer I have which is 10 feet, clear sight of the modem, loses signal, would it be better to get the dual band,,, Crickets. Suggestions. It is cheaper to pull the plug, but eventually something will happen not so good.

Bigwaff

Contributor
Sep 20, 2013
If your printer network configuration is DHCP, within your router's admin console, assign your printer a static IP address.

WeatherWeasel

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 28, 2019
Des Moines, Iowa
Thankyou very much. I have done that previous. I am of the opinion that it is a flaw in the printer. When I got it two years ago, it was fine, no problems, readily connected. Just the last few months it has been this way.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.