Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

grommett

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 14, 2023
eastern pennsylvania
I have a Mac Mini 2009 that has both a WD Black HDD and a SSD for drives. I can have Mojave on both, or upgrade the SSD to Catalina. In Mojave i successfully run Net Nanny 10. If I also install it in the Catalina drive, I find that both installs of Net Nanny will disable and return to SetUp ...IF.... I switch drive I am using. This also happens if on Catalina awhile and usually within hours of use or following day.
Mojave is on HFS+ formatted drive, Catalina on APFS formatted drive using clean install. I need Mojave in order to run Audio Hijack Pro. I cannot use later versions as it does not do proper saving of recording descriptions. I do tape to cd transcriptions . I need net nanny on either OS. I added Catalina hoping to use Firefox 117 which is still fully supported by Mozilla. Browsers for Mojave no longer get updates

I have tried various upgrade steps ( upgrade and migrate, clean install, let Catalina update format, etc). All result in same failure once i have net nanny on both. This almost sounds somewhat similar to what Monterey does in latest Mini. It wont allow older OS in dual boot. I have no other software in Mojave that i use that reacts this way

Hopefully someone on here knows what might be causing this issue

grommett

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 14, 2023
eastern pennsylvania
I already did. its not ruining anything, it just wont run if i try using it in both Catalina and Mojave . it shows not being set up to run when you switch drives, and switching back it does it on OS you started from.
theres nothing wrong with the app. it happens to be the only app of its kind that works as intended and dsigned.
the problem seems to be somewhat like that with Monterey in a dual boot with old operating systems., except in this case both systems work except for having the app in both.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.