Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

synergyo1

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 4, 2005
This concerns the people who have bought the new iMacs.

Have you tried setting up two partitions with both OS? Does it work?

GFLPraxis

macrumors 604
Mar 17, 2004
synergyo1 said:
This concerns the people who have bought the new iMacs.

Have you tried setting up two partitions with both OS? Does it work?

It just came out today, you know. Nobody has actually received one yet :p

john7jr

macrumors regular
Aug 14, 2003
How easy it will be will have a lot to do with wether they have BIOS or Open Firmware.

Anyone at the convention wanna look? Ask? (Traditionally boot with Apple, Opt, O, F)

MacTruck

macrumors 65816
Jan 27, 2005
One Endless Loop
max_altitude said:
I'm amazed at how many people are already expecting ways of running on computers that were only released a few hours ago.

Well it was released 11hrs ago and I'm sure this thread is for people that might have gotten one already at the apple store (they are available) or who were at macworld and have investigated that matter. I too am quit interested as in this day and age one can not live on mac alone. Too much needed software out there for real users.

kretzy

macrumors 604
Sep 11, 2004
Canberra, Australia
MacTruck said:
Well it was released 11hrs ago and I'm sure this thread is for people that might have gotten one already at the apple store (they are available) or who were at macworld and have investigated that matter. I too am quit interested as in this day and age one can not live on mac alone. Too much needed software out there for real users.
Oops, I didn't realise they were available in store already. For some reason I was under the impression they were just available for order online immediately, but people still needed to wait for them to be shipped.

*feels silly* :eek:

john7jr

macrumors regular
Aug 14, 2003
I'm hoping for Open Firmware (actually expecting it) but I hope that booting from another OS (Linux, Windows) is as easy as holding the C key down.

We'll see soon enough.

=)

solvs

macrumors 603
Jun 25, 2002
LaLaLand, CA
john7jr said:
How easy it will be will have a lot to do with wether they have BIOS or Open Firmware.
They have EFI. No one has been able to find any in stores yet that I've talked to. Sales reps say they're coming soon.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.