Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

urban cool

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 20, 2006
Hi guys, noob here...

I have a PowerPC G5 with a nVidia GeForce FX 5200 with a DVI & (what looks like a ADC port).

My question is this.

I have two 23" Apple Displays to run with the machine, however, both are DVI connections, hence i can only get one to work.

How can i get the other to work, what do i need?

Any help would be much appreciated.

many thanks in advance

kwood

macrumors 6502a
Jun 26, 2006
In the Great White North.
Hi guys, noob here...

I have a PowerPC G5 with a nVidia GeForce FX 5200 with a DVI & (what looks like a ADC port).

My question is this.

I have two 23" Apple Displays to run with the machine, however, both are DVI connections, hence i can only get one to work.

How can i get the other to work, what do i need?

Any help would be much appreciated.

many thanks in advance

You if one port is a DVI and the other is a ADC, then you need a ADC-DVI adapter.

urban cool

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 20, 2006
cheers kwood.... i just wanna make sure i get this right before i try to buy one... can any1 confirm that my other port is indeed ADC....
the port in red on the pic below

kwood

macrumors 6502a
Jun 26, 2006
In the Great White North.
cheers kwood.... i just wanna make sure i get this right before i try to buy one... can any1 confirm that my other port is indeed ADC....
the port in red on the pic below

You actually have it backwards. The one on Left (in red) is the DVI adapter and the one on the right (in blue is the ADC adapter)./

This article shows the difference:
http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=86504

EDIT: To answer your question, you have 1 DVI port and one ADC port. You need an ADC-DVI Adapter to get the second monitor to work.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.