Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

JWreck

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 23, 2016
I had started the T Mobile Network Pass (3 month trial) on my iPhone 13 and had it working fine, and then bought the iPhone 14 on launch. It never allowed me to transfer the T Mobile eSIM over, and I’m just getting to it.

It continues to error out for me - their QR code won’t get recognized by any of my devices, and manually entering the info into settings causes it to just spin with no results. Additionally, it seems my phone does recognize the old T Mo eSIM but again, errors out when I try to complete it.

T Mobile was stumped, Apple says it’s an intermittent bug. Has anyone else had a similar issue?

Cruncher

macrumors 6502a
Aug 9, 2010
I guess T-Mobile should be able to fix it. Just ask for a 2nd level rep or go to a store with both phones.

Reactions: one more

one more

macrumors 601
Aug 6, 2015
Earth
It continues to error out for me - their QR code won’t get recognized by any of my devices, and manually entering the info into settings causes it to just spin with no results.

Some service providers use QR codes that are only good to be scanned once and then become defunct. I have a dual SIM setup (nano & eSIM) and when I was switching phones, my eSIM did not transfer to the new phone either, even though I opted for it.

So I had to go to the provider’s store with both phones, new (with a nano SIM) and old (with an eSIM). They then deleted the eSIM profile on my old phone and gave me the new QR card to scan with the new one. Once this was done, eSIM activated on my new phone straight away. So as the previous poster suggested, I would go to your nearest T-mobile store to sort it out.

Lammy

macrumors regular
Oct 27, 2013
The trial is probably only meant for one phone. That’s how visible’s trial works too (based on the IMEI)

JWreck

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 23, 2016
Responding to the comments and thanks everyone for the discussion:

The rep was having me use a generic QR code found on their website and it sounds like it identified my IMEI and authorized it that way (or at least, that’s how it was meant to work).

They set it up as a “new” trial so it should not have been considered a transfer.

However, I was a T Mobile customer a few years ago and I’m having a suspicion that some of my issues are related to that - like I can’t log into the T Mobile app at all through any device, it simply errors out.

I am probably going to the local store because I’m just annoyed - I really am having issues with Verizon and need to know if TMo is up to snuff now around here.

pcubed18

macrumors regular
Jul 14, 2010
Responding to the comments and thanks everyone for the discussion:

The rep was having me use a generic QR code found on their website and it sounds like it identified my IMEI and authorized it that way (or at least, that’s how it was meant to work).

They set it up as a “new” trial so it should not have been considered a transfer.

However, I was a T Mobile customer a few years ago and I’m having a suspicion that some of my issues are related to that - like I can’t log into the T Mobile app at all through any device, it simply errors out.

I am probably going to the local store because I’m just annoyed - I really am having issues with Verizon and need to know if TMo is up to snuff now around here.
Interesting you say this. I use to have T-Mobile and went to Verizon. I’m in NYC, while Verizon is good here, it’s not great. I also get screwed internationally. I like the fact T-Mobile has free I’m flight work, international plan is solid and service is quite good. I’m not in the stix often either. So I’m with you, want to maybe switch. I hate that Verizon nickel and dimes you. Any advice on carriers would be so appreciated.

JWreck

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 23, 2016
Update: I’m borked. Went to the T-Mobile store, they said they can’t help with the network pass promo. I don’t even know if I care to discover if that’s true or not at this point.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.