Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

cluthz

macrumors 68040
Jun 15, 2004
Norway
If you are on a budget I would get a iMac G5.
The 17 inch model can be had for $1299, even cheaper if you can get EDU discount. Even a eMac will do videoediting very well, and its only $799..
You will also need an additional 512MB RAM sick, shouldn't cost more than $80-$100.

Depending on how much video you'll edit (and how much music you have), might consider to get a larger HD. A new HD is easy to install in the iMac (it's often cheaper to replace it yourself than make apple upgrade it for you)

840quadra

Staff member
Feb 1, 2005
Twin Cities Minnesota
I am in the same point as the topic starter.

Since I have a G3 upgraded to a G4 at this point, I am scrapping my project of building a G4 Quicksilver (in parts) and am going to buy a G5 Dual 2.0 for my next computer.

I am reading about the Tiger OS, which is mostly vented in the G5 direction, and I am excited to give it a try on a G5.

I am sure I will finish my Quicksiver project, since I alredy have a brand new Case (surpluss never used or had anything installed in it), Motherboard, and Power supply. I will just wait on it, and buy the fastest DP G4 Upgrade card I can find in a few months or so.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.