Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

stealthTech

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 30, 2023
Hi there, I have a Citrix environment with remote users logging into Workspace then loading Virtual Desktop sessions.

One remote user is using a '22 iMac with a second display of a '22 Mac Studio Display but they are unable to span the remote desktop session across both monitors.

They are able to span their virtual session across dual displays with other monitors but this particular combination seems to prompt a problem for them. They tested with their Macbook and iMac, dual display worked successfully.

I am hoping someone out there may have experience with this display combination, if so then can you advise if you ever experience similar? I am not super familiar with these devices, I am also wondering if there is some kind of setting I can investigate on the iMac?

Thanks

xraydoc

Contributor
Oct 9, 2005
Might be the way they have Spaces set up - monitors sharing same Space or separate Spaces.

Just a thought though.

stealthTech

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 30, 2023
Might be the way they have Spaces set up - monitors sharing same Space or separate Spaces.

Just a thought though.
This is a good idea, thank you for the suggestion. I am having the user investigate if the virtual desktop is popping up somewhere in another "Space"

izzy0242mr

macrumors 6502a
Jul 24, 2009
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.