Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

munk18

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 23, 2007
Hello all,

I've searched around for fixes and somewhat at a loss, however sorry if that has already been answered.

I have a Mac Mini m1, 16 GB and been using a Yeolibo USB C Hub Adapter with it for about a month.

All the ports worked fine until today. HDMI stopped working and now my second monitor just gives me "no signal." Its an older Samsung LCD TV Model LN40A550P3F. Tried all three HDMI inputs and different cables yet still get no signal and the Mac Mini will not recognize it like it did before.

I did just update the OS right before this happened which might be the reason?

Any alternatives? I was thinking an HDMI to USB C adapter, but I would still have to plug that into the hub. Any specific adapters or hubs that are more Mac friendly? Could I make use of the other connections on the Samsung TV i.e. RCA or DVI?

thanks!

Last edited:

Kenny99

macrumors 6502
Jan 28, 2018
ST. Louis, Mo.
I would disconnect EVERYTHING after powering off ALL devices. Disconnect your primary monitor, connect your secondary monitor to the Mac Mini with HDMI or the USB-Ccable. Does it work? Try the other cable, Does it work? Connect your primary monitor using the HDMI cable, Does it work? Use the USB-C cable, does it work? Now you know which monitors work and which cables are good. Try the Hub and its different ports with ONE monitor then the other. this should tell yo what is working and what is not.

munk18

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 23, 2007
I would disconnect EVERYTHING after powering off ALL devices. Disconnect your primary monitor, connect your secondary monitor to the Mac Mini with HDMI or the USB-Ccable. Does it work? Try the other cable, Does it work? Connect your primary monitor using the HDMI cable, Does it work? Use the USB-C cable, does it work? Now you know which monitors work and which cables are good. Try the Hub and its different ports with ONE monitor then the other. this should tell yo what is working and what is not.
Yeah, after spending more time I would like to admit doing just that, I figured out it was the PD port/charger on the hub. As soon as I unplugged it, HDMI came on. Thnx ?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.