Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

StuMcBill

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 11, 2011
Aberdeen, Scotland
I've got an iPhone Xs and since launch day have been running 2 Sims on it, both on EE network, personal line on eSim and business line on physical sim.

I've had intermittent problems with both lines going straight to voicemail and this has caused me to sometimes miss work calls. I always get a text saying that xxx has called, but the phone hasn't rung.

It's gotten so bad that I've had to take my sim out of my Xs and put it back in my work phone, meaning o need to carry 2 phones again, which is a giant PITA.

Does anyone else have these problems with dual SIM, or is something up with my phone?

I've had this on all software versions I've used, and I'm currently on the latest Dev Beta 13.2.

Any ideas? I've got AppleCare so if I need it looked at it shouldn't be a problem.

Cheers
Stewart

blaine07

macrumors 68020
Nov 14, 2014
Oklahoma
I can’t type a lengthy reply as I’m mobile but long story short my dual sim experience was less than stellar too for a few reasons; back to two devices too myself unfortunately.

FunkyTang

macrumors 65816
Sep 16, 2008
I’m not convinced that going straight to voicemail is a dual sim issue. It might be an antenna design/Intel modem issue. Can you move the sim to another phone for a day or two?

StuMcBill

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 11, 2011
Aberdeen, Scotland
Do you think that going into Apple under Applecare and explaining the situation may help things?

Does newer hardware have any fixes for this, mine is a launch day one? I've got my sim in another phone and it seems to be OK?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.