Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

sjleworthy

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Dec 5, 2008
Penarth, Wales, UK
Hi guys

Just downloaded and connected Duet. i now have my Pro and Win7 Pc connected. (for your info, my monitor res is 2560x1440).

i have 1 or 2 questions if anyone can oblige?

1) the desktop/pc duet app gives me high res and retina options, but will only actually use 'Regular 1024x768' res. why is this? how do i get retina higher res displays? this means a much smaller window area on my Pro :(

2) can Duet work wirelessly?

3) can i purchase a dual lightning connector thingy anywhere, as i like to be hard wired between Pro and PC and i'd like to be charging at the same time?

thank you

jclardy

macrumors 601
Oct 6, 2008
1) I'm not sure why, it might just be a limitation of the windows app. Windows does high res displays differently than OS X, so that is likely why it doesn't work. But just to be sure, you are running the latest version on your PC and iPad right?

2) No

3) As far as I know this doesn't exist. It is likely possible to make it as the lightning AV adapter has both HDMI output and charging available but I'm not sure if a generic adapter could "split" the lightning port into two useful ports.

sjleworthy

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Dec 5, 2008
Penarth, Wales, UK
1) I'm not sure why, it might just be a limitation of the windows app. Windows does high res displays differently than OS X, so that is likely why it doesn't work. But just to be sure, you are running the latest version on your PC and iPad right?

2) No

3) As far as I know this doesn't exist. It is likely possible to make it as the lightning AV adapter has both HDMI output and charging available but I'm not sure if a generic adapter could "split" the lightning port into two useful ports.

1) i just downloaded the apps this morning, so yes, should all be fresh and new. as of why i cant get retina ressy i dont know. im not technical enough to figure it out. it should be press and play, but obviously not.

2) no matter

3) again, no great shakes

thank you

andy2141

macrumors 6502
May 29, 2010
UK
Hi guys

Just downloaded and connected Duet. i now have my Pro and Win7 Pc connected. (for your info, my monitor res is 2560x1440).

i have 1 or 2 questions if anyone can oblige?

1) the desktop/pc duet app gives me high res and retina options, but will only actually use 'Regular 1024x768' res. why is this? how do i get retina higher res displays? this means a much smaller window area on my Pro :(

2) can Duet work wirelessly?

3) can i purchase a dual lightning connector thingy anywhere, as i like to be hard wired between Pro and PC and i'd like to be charging at the same time?

thank you
Also downloaded it today.

I found I could pick the higher res settings on my work Windows 8.1 laptop using the desktop resolution settings when right clicking on the desktop. I was to able to get it on the highest setting, but to be honest this was too small so have gone for the next size down.

genomez

macrumors regular
Apr 1, 2006
The app was just updated earlier today. I haven't been to work since to see what's new but you might check it again to see if will do what you are looking for.

sjleworthy

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Dec 5, 2008
Penarth, Wales, UK
until i find a solution its a pretty poor app i must say. why it doesnt 'just work' in high res i dont know. the devs arent answering my mails either. all i have is standard win7, decent monitors and the new Duet app. no reason for f*** ups. very disappointing so far and money wasted

sjleworthy

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Dec 5, 2008
Penarth, Wales, UK
after researching the interweb, i find Duets got an issue with Windows. period. only 1024 ressy allowed. great for telling us (not).

how do you go about getting an app refund from the app store?

andy2141

macrumors 6502
May 29, 2010
UK
As I say.. Working fine here. I can pick the higher resolutions but chose not to. They do work though..

Capture.JPG

Reactions: sjleworthy

sjleworthy

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Dec 5, 2008
Penarth, Wales, UK
As I say.. Working fine here. I can pick the higher resolutions but chose not to. They do work though..

Capture.JPG

now that works!

sorry Andy, i didnt quite understand your previous methodology.

ressy is nice now. lag's quite noticable. also, the image on my ipad is like a super low quality JPG. not crisp or clean

andy2141

macrumors 6502
May 29, 2010
UK
now that works!

sorry Andy, i didnt quite understand your previous methodology.

ressy is nice now. lag's quite noticable. also, the image on my ipad is like a super low quality JPG. not crisp or clean

Whilst I wouldn't say its completely lag free on my machine it's pretty good. More than ample for standard desktop work. I don't have the worlds highest power laptop either, just a Dell Latitude E6440 i5.

Res seems ok for me as well. On the lower settings is a bit "fuzzy" but that resolution I picked seems pretty good overall.

I did recently re-build my machine with the latest drivers etc.. wonder if that's made mine play nice.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.