Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Kendo

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Apr 4, 2011
I'm considering making a Memoji but for some reason I thought Apple would have an app that scans your face and automatically creates a Memoji for you. Now I realize everyone designed their own. Considering a lot of members here seem to have OCD with things like a dead pixel, how long did it take you to create your Memoji?

TonyC28

macrumors 68030
Aug 15, 2009
USA
I also assumed that this was something done with the Face ID camera. Why wasn’t it available before?

BJMRamage

macrumors 68030
Oct 2, 2007
I'm considering making a Memoji but for some reason I thought Apple would have an app that scans your face and automatically creates a Memoji for you. Now I realize everyone designed their own. Considering a lot of members here seem to have OCD with things like a dead pixel, how long did it take you to create your Memoji?

When I got my iPhone last year, I thought it would scan my face and auto-magically create a Memoji, perhaps I could then update it to my liking...but nope. I created my own, saved it, and use that for the 5 times I have used it.

Ntombi

macrumors 68040
Jul 1, 2008
Bostonian exiled in SoCal
I first made mine two years ago, used it a couple of times, and dropped it.

With iOS 13, they’re even better and more customizable, and easier to add to iMessages and social media posts.

I would say my first looked about 75% like me, and the tweaks they allowed bumped that up to about 95% like me, down to a hairstyle I wear fairly often (and I’m black, with natural hair, which makes it way more unexpected, believe me). It’s pretty incredible, and lighthearted fun.

As for how long it took, maybe fifteen minutes total?

deuxani

macrumors 6502a
Sep 2, 2010
I already had one made in iOS 12, but in iOS 13 I tweaked it some more with all the updated features. It's actually a lot of fun to see a digital version of yourself like that. I think it took me about 30 minutes in total until I was completely satisfied (I used a photo of myself as reference next to it to get the eyes, ears, mouth, etc right). The stickers alone in iOS 13 make it worth it to create one. Much more fun and personal to use in a conversation instead of emoji's.

RednBlue

macrumors regular
Dec 17, 2013
Reading UK
I've had a couple of attempts but can't really get it right....although my best effort looks a lot like my Dad, so perhaps it's not really so far off!!

• Haha
Reactions: AlliFlowers

TheSkywalker77

macrumors 68030
Sep 9, 2017
Took me about 5 minutes, I’m not picky about it and as long as it roughly looks like me I’m happy with it.

AlliFlowers

macrumors 601
Jan 1, 2011
L.A. (Lower Alabama)
It's an ongoing process. Memoji.png

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.