Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ToddJ

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
May 23, 2008
I thought I looked everywhere, but I probably missed it. How do you add a contact from Apple Maps to my contacts? It used to be nice because it seemed that it added more info than a normal contact when you did that. I was adding a bunch of Apple stores to my contacts. I know I can obviously cut and past them but for some reason I don't see an add option for the contacts just a share option that doesn't seem to 'share' it to my contacts. I apologize if this is a really, really dumb question.

MisterSavage

macrumors 601
Nov 10, 2018
I just did it with these steps:
  1. Search for a business name
  2. Ignore the "save to" and "share" buttons and scroll all the way to the bottom (past the reviews).
  3. You'll see "create new contact".

ToddJ

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
May 23, 2008
Thank you! I don't know how I missed it.... I must be getting old lol Thank you again!

timeislove

macrumors 6502
Sep 2, 2020
I just did it with these steps:
  1. Search for a business name
  2. Ignore the "save to" and "share" buttons and scroll all the way to the bottom (past the reviews).
  3. You'll see "create new contact".

I have been bothered with the poor map integration with contact app.

I find the contact app does not support POI but only street address. That is, if a contact addr is of POI format, clicking the addr would bring you to map app but it could not locate the addr on map. Rather, the contact addr has to be in street addr format so as to work with map integration.

that is really an issue. As most of the business contacts would be located in commercial buildings. Filling in the street addrs would be quite confusing.

Contact app to support POI is quite essential as calendar app would also recall a contact addr when creating an event. The issue makes the stock apps, Map, Contact and Calendar much less usable.

Last edited:

AirTowel

macrumors newbie
Feb 8, 2024
Issue seems to be still running round in iOS 17. Annoying because it used to work perfect.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.