Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Hugh

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 9, 2003
Erie, PA
I have two iMacs one is a late 2007, and the other is a late 2012. What do you use to clean the screen on both of those iMacs, what cloth and cleaner.

I also have a mid 2012 13''MacBook Pro (non-Retina) how do clean that as well. Sorry about posting here about the MacBook. I thought this would be okay

Hugh

Last edited:

GGJstudios

macrumors Westmere
May 16, 2008
How to clean Apple products
Apple also gives instructions on how to clean your Mac in the User Guides for the MBA, MBP and iMac:
Cleaning your Mac
When cleaning the outside of your Mac and its components, first shut down your Mac, and then unplug the power adapter. Then use a damp, soft, lint-free cloth to clean the Mac exterior. Avoid getting moisture in any openings. Do not spray liquid directly on the computer. Do not use aerosol sprays, solvents, or abrasives that might damage the finish.
Cleaning the Mac screen
To clean your Mac screen, first shut down your Mac and unplug the power adapter. Then use a soft, lint-free cloth dampened with just water and wipe the screen. Do not spray liquid directly on the screen.
Also, you'll find plenty of suggestions by searching through the many existing threads on this topic, such as these:

steve62388

macrumors 68040
Apr 23, 2013
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.