Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dogbone

macrumors 68020
Original poster
It's almost too embarrassing to ask. How do I remove a drop shadow applied to an object?

Also another thing that is puzzling me is that I have a rectangular logo made in Illy and when I import it into InDesign the containter for it contains blank areas on either side. I've checked for stray points and stuff and I've selected the areas outside the logo and deleted, just to be sure. However the container will not shrink to fit the logo.!?

Orlando Furioso

macrumors 6502
Apr 12, 2005
Bezerkeley
Drop-shadow dialogue box: alt-command-M (uncheck "dropshadow")

As for fitting the container to the content. I find it to be fussy. I'd just resize it manually if it really bugs you.

Orlando Furioso

macrumors 6502
Apr 12, 2005
Bezerkeley
I have no idea why the container does not resize (usually) to vector graphics nicely. Pixel-based graphic files are handled correctly for the most part.

dogbone

macrumors 68020
Original poster
after patiently testing out various parameters I have found that what was causing the problem was a line of type. The type was well inside the boxes but converting the type to outlines solved the problem of the extra space.

This makes no sense at all. I would love to understand what is happening here.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.