Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

chickenbroth

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 31, 2019
3878B193-CC40-41CC-A053-67F14CDD375D.png

This appears if I long press pinterest links in my email. I haven’t seen the problem anywhere else so I don’t know if it’s a problem specific to pinterest, but both “open in safari” and “open in pinterest” appear twice. Is this a bug?

ApfelKuchen

macrumors 601
Aug 28, 2012
Between the coasts
"Bug" generally means "unintended behavior," so yes, if this is a persistent situation, then it might be a bug. Is it really isolated to only Pinterest links in Mail?

chickenbroth

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 31, 2019
I can’t find the same problem anywhere except mail, but I found it’s also happening with instagram links there too. It looks exactly the same just with “instagram” instead of “pinterest”.
If I’m on safari and I long click a pinterest link, it only says “open in pinterest” once.

ApfelKuchen

macrumors 601
Aug 28, 2012
Between the coasts
I'd do a force-quit of the Mail app, immediately followed by a restart of the iPhone. That can deal with a fair amount of unexpected behaviors (on the assumption that this is just a temporary glitch).

Some forms of unexpected behavior are due to fundamental flaws - a true bug in an app or OS. Others may be due to one or more unusual occurrences that together cause something to misbehave, but are so rare that identifying them and rewriting code to prevent them may not be worth the effort. So generally, the first step with things like this is to wipe the slate clean (force-close/restart) and see if they return.

chickenbroth

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 31, 2019
I tried those, it’s still bugged. I can’t think of anything that could have changed any of those apps except maybe ios updates, I know I never messed with any of the settings. I’ll keep checking here occasionally in case anyone finds a solution or if anyone else has even had the same problem, but I just hope whenever there’s a new update it goes away

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.