Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ryanmcv

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 12, 2007
Phoenix, AZ
This is happening randomly with my iPhone 5s. My notifications (CNN, mail, text messages, etc.) will appear normally on the lock screen, but the most recent ones will sometimes re-appear as banner notifications once I unlock my device.

Example: My phone was locked, sitting on my desk. I received a CNN notification about the ship capsizing near Sicily today. Underneath that notification were a few missed text messages. After a few seconds, the screen turned off. A few minutes later, I turned on and unlocked my phone with Touch ID. As soon as it unlocked, the same CNN notification about the ship capsizing (my most recent notification) appeared as a banner at the top of the screen.

If a text message is my most recent notification, the phone also sounds my text tone and vibrates. I don't know if this is a bug or an intended feature, but I find it pretty annoying. I've noticed that this only seems to happen when I unlock the phone using Touch ID, but it might also happen when I unlock using my passcode. I haven't tried it enough yet. Is anyone else experiencing this? I could only find one mention of it on the Apple support forums.

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/5355789

worldsdream

macrumors newbie
Feb 9, 2013
This is happening randomly with my iPhone 5s. My notifications (CNN, mail, text messages, etc.) will appear normally on the lock screen, but the most recent ones will sometimes re-appear as banner notifications once I unlock my device.

Example: My phone was locked, sitting on my desk. I received a CNN notification about the ship capsizing near Sicily today. Underneath that notification were a few missed text messages. After a few seconds, the screen turned off. A few minutes later, I turned on and unlocked my phone with Touch ID. As soon as it unlocked, the same CNN notification about the ship capsizing (my most recent notification) appeared as a banner at the top of the screen.

If a text message is my most recent notification, the phone also sounds my text tone and vibrates. I don't know if this is a bug or an intended feature, but I find it pretty annoying. I've noticed that this only seems to happen when I unlock the phone using Touch ID, but it might also happen when I unlock using my passcode. I haven't tried it enough yet. Is anyone else experiencing this? I could only find one mention of it on the Apple support forums.

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/5355789

updating to ios 7.1 will fix this bug.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.