Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

zoran

macrumors 601
Original poster
Jun 30, 2005
Just upgraded Yosemite to ElCap and something strange has occurred. When i connect my iPhone, footage of photos and videos that are on the iPhone appear in Photos twice. Footage that i have already there appear fro the second time. This issue wasn't happening in Yosemite! Can i solve this?

zoran

macrumors 601
Original poster
Jun 30, 2005
Just to let you know more, so that you can understand -hopefully- whats going on... let me say that there are some old photos and videos, that despite they exist in the footage collection, they have the ability to be imported as if they are not existing in the original collection. After they are imported, they appear as duplicates. Funny thing is, that next time i connect the iPhone, those photos and videos are marked again to be imported as if its their first time... and this goes on and on! That cant be normal, could it? Might it be some setting?

zoran

macrumors 601
Original poster
Jun 30, 2005
Im still trying to find whats going on in my issue and it seems that although the specs (length,file type,date,time etc.) of each of the two duplicate videos are the same, their name is different! Thats probably the reason why the video is duplicated.
For example the name of the original video in iOS9 was 1546296516375677.mp4, but the name of the same video in iOS12 is HJMF4806.MP4. This is creating a big mixup for my videos now!!! :(

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.