Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Steven SANH

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 27, 2023
Australia
Does anyone else have this problem duplicating Stickers in the Photos app?

- Go to the Photo App and view a photo.
- Edit > Markup tool.
- Add Sticker.
- Now tap on the little blue ellipsis menu.
- Select Duplicate (do this a few times).

Now tap on the main 'Done' button and you get an error:

[ "Unable to Save Changes" ]

IMG_8105 error.jpg

Ledsteplin

macrumors 65816
Oct 23, 2013
Florence, AL
Apparently, you can only do one at a time. Add a sticker, then done back to camera roll. Then do again. Not sure if that's intended or a bug.

Steven SANH

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 27, 2023
Australia
Apparently, you can only do one at a time. Add a sticker, then done back to camera roll. Then do again. Not sure if that's intended or a bug.
I'm not sure either, but it's a bit restricted if one at a time. Seems like a bug to me due to the type of Error Message description. Let's hope Apple address the issue. I'm sure they'd be aware of it, so hopefully in iOS 17.1 it will be functional.

Ledsteplin

macrumors 65816
Oct 23, 2013
Florence, AL
I'm not sure either, but it's a bit restricted if one at a time. Seems like a bug to me due to the type of Error Message description. Let's hope Apple address the issue. I'm sure they'd be aware of it, so hopefully in iOS 17.1 it will be functional.

Do you still get the same behavior in 17.1? I have not checked.

Steven SANH

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 27, 2023
Australia
Do you still get the same behavior in 17.1? I have not checked.

Now in iOS 17.1 it seems erratic! Apple have meddled with it, but it is buggy (for me anyway). You can add a shape and resize it, then half the time you cannot tap off it. You have to tap the 'Done' button. Other times you can add multiple stickers and the editing accepts the 'Done'; then other times using multiple attempts of adding items on your photo, you still get that Error message! (same as before).

I really thought Apple would have sorted this out for iOS 17.1. It makes me wonder if they get my reports I submit to them?

Is this the best link for feedback of iPhone bugs to Apple?
https://www.apple.com/feedback/iphone

Ledsteplin

macrumors 65816
Oct 23, 2013
Florence, AL
Now in iOS 17.1 it seems erratic! Apple have meddled with it, but it is buggy (for me anyway). You can add a shape and resize it, then half the time you cannot tap off it. You have to tap the 'Done' button. Other times you can add multiple stickers and the editing accepts the 'Done'; then other times using multiple attempts of adding items on your photo, you still get that Error message! (same as before).

I really thought Apple would have sorted this out for iOS 17.1. It makes me wonder if they get my reports I submit to them?

Is this the best link for feedback of iPhone bugs to Apple?
https://www.apple.com/feedback/iphone

I use the Feedback app for beta. Otherwise I use that site you have.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.