Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Noem

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 26, 2015
I had my iPhone x for 2 weeks an i love it but one thing disturbs me. There is a lot of dust between the plastic bezels around the screen. It is located between the screen and the plastic seal around the iPhone. I tried different things like thin paper or water but it can't be removed. Anyone there who have the same "problem" and an idea how to remove it?

j800r

macrumors 6502
Jan 5, 2011
Coventry, West mids, England
I had my iPhone x for 2 weeks an i love it but one thing disturbs me. There is a lot of dust between the plastic bezels around the screen. It is located between the screen and the plastic seal around the iPhone. I tried different things like thin paper or water but it can't be removed. Anyone there who have the same "problem" and an idea how to remove it?

Sounds like a manufacturing error. I’d take it back. Everything’s fine for me and many others it seems.

ventmore

macrumors 6502a
Jul 13, 2008
I’ve found that the best way to remove the tiny bits of dust from between the screen and the plastic seal is to rub the edge of the phone across my jeans. T-shirt doesn’t seem to do it, but the jeans work fine......go figure! :)

Wackery

Cancelled
Feb 1, 2015
I’ve found that the best way to remove the tiny bits of dust from between the screen and the plastic seal is to rub the edge of the phone across my jeans. T-shirt doesn’t seem to do it, but the jeans work fine......go figure! :)
the microfibre clothes used to detail cars are really good for this task

bearington

macrumors member
Jun 22, 2017
Do you have any photos showing how big the gap is?

Something like blu tack might help in getting the dust out.

itsmemuffins

macrumors 68040
Jun 23, 2010
I can fit a thin piece of paper between the stainless steel frame and the top of the screen, which means also,I get little bits of dust lodged there. It’s been like that since the 6, and also with my old 7. I was hoping Apple would ha e fixed it for this €1349 phone but I guess not…

Noem

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 26, 2015
and that really
I can fit a thin piece of paper between the stainless steel frame and the top of the screen, which means also,I get little bits of dust lodged there. It’s been like that since the 6, and also with my old 7. I was hoping Apple would ha e fixed it for this €1349 phone but I guess not…

And that really annoys me. in my iPhone x i can put a piece of paper in the bezels too. So is this product really water resistent?

gahig ulo

macrumors 6502a
Nov 11, 2017
riverside california
some are dust but majority is glue because there is a gap between the screen and the stainless steel and you can really see it.i checked at my local bestbuy and apple store and pretty much all of them have this issue im just hoping that the waterproofing is not affected though.

Dirtydutch

macrumors 6502a
Sep 19, 2015
Jerseyyy
The seal for water and dust resistance wouldn't have much to do with that plastic trim around the screen, as others have said most iPhones do have a very small gap all the way around and dust and debris will get caught up in there, but nothing catastrophic will come of it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.