Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

viperfan

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 1, 2006
I use mac the ripper followed by roxio toast to burn the dvd. recently i have used dual layer dvds because i had them lying around and decided to put them to use. when i play the burned dvd, the movie appears to be too big for the tv by about a half in to a whole inch. does anyone know why this is happeneing?

Artful Dodger

macrumors 68020
viperfan said:
I use mac the ripper followed by roxio toast to burn the dvd. recently i have used dual layer dvds because i had them lying around and decided to put them to use. when i play the burned dvd, the movie appears to be too big for the tv by about a half in to a whole inch. does anyone know why this is happeneing?

Can you give more info as to how you did this, such as: MTR/anything to compress? then use Toast (what version) and how large is the file (6.5GB or larger). Last you are using DVD-DL and not DL+R?
It sounds like a movie that was made without using a TV safe mode area such as in iDVD :confused:
More info and some specifics will help ;)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.