Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dan-o-mac

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 12, 2004
Brooklyn, NY
I have a 700 mhz flat panel imac and most of my dvd's fail to mount, what can the problem be. I used to be able to watch movies, but lately my movies won't mount or play either?

ifjake

macrumors 6502a
Jan 19, 2004
i had a similar problem with my powerbook 1.5 Ghz when trying to install something from a DVD. i tried some DVD movies out to see if it was just that particular DVD, but nothing would mount right.

i restarted and repaired disk permissions with the Disk Utility app and that somehow fixed it. try that.

paddy

macrumors 6502a
Jun 25, 2005
TN
Ive got the same computer but I've never really had that problem. Had it once with my ps2 though. Turned out to be a burnt out laser which cost €50 to replace:(

dan-o-mac

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 12, 2004
Brooklyn, NY
ifjake- I tried to repair disk permissions using disk utility, but not restart and then try to repair disk permissions. I'll try that when I go home.

paddy- Would it still be a sign of a burnt out laser if it's still reading some dvd's? It also has no problems reading cd's does that use a different laser?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.