Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ApplePole

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 10, 2007
Wroclaw/Poland
The device is intro build (DVT) Apple iBook G3 clamshell, 266MHz. It's orange, generally in a quite good shape, but far from perfect. Unfortunately, someone has thrown away internal modem and replaced HDD. It also has dead battery. Some small scratches and tears all over the shell. And the display backlight is supposedly going to fail in near future, as it's red when cold. There is an original "Hammer DVT - not for resale" 45W yoyo power supply with it, but the power cord was crudely cut by someone (propably to replace U.S. plug with EU one).

I wonder how much would that be worth outside Poland. Thanks for your replies :)

blesscheese

macrumors 6502a
Apr 3, 2010
Central CA
That's a tough call. I'm not an expert. Typically, collectors like their stuff in pristine condition. The fact that it is a prototype would be of interest to a lot of people, but the condition sounds far from perfect.

If you wanted to sell it, it would probably be simple to find a charger. However, those things were notoriously difficult to open up and repair/replace things in, so I would be afraid of the condition if somebody (a non-technician) went in to replace things like the HDD.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.