Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

vbedia

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 25, 2014
First of all I want to say this is not a review, just my impressions of the game after some hours of playing on my rMBP via BootCamp. For a fully comprehensive review head to any gaming site dedicated
As I've said before I've playing this game on my rMBP 15" 750m for a couple of weeks already. I bought it on Steam, and I have to say I do not regret it. I had kept a eye on it since last year, yet some reviews and specially performance issues had made me feel dubious, but I finally pulled the triggered.

I set video settings on medium with a resolution of 1280*720. That's right is 16:9 aspect ratio, since I connected the laptop to a second display. The performance is dependent on location (inside/out), number of zombies.. the typical range is 20-35 fps, sometimes we can see fps even higher than that but that is not usual. Game is patched to 1.5

The game is not a proper FPS and doesn't require precision aiming like Call of Duty, of course you can play with a keyboard/mouse but I personally prefer the controller for this game.

It's a good game generally speaking. Open world with plenty of things to do, side missions and a interesting plot.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.