Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

WhiteWhale

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 4, 2016
The DYMO LabelWriter PnP does not get recognized by the DYMO Label nor the System as a printer under macOS Sierra. It does work with the Software that comes with the LabeWriter but it is fairly inconvenient since I have 2 DYMO products running and would prefer to use them with only one program. I'm running the latest version of DYMO Label (8.5.4) and macOS Sierra (10.12.1).

Does anyone know this problem or even how to solve it? Thanks for an answer in advance!

FreakinEurekan

macrumors 603
Sep 8, 2011
Working fine for me, so it's not a generic compatibility issue with the printer & Sierra or with Dymo Label. As far as how to fix, start isolating - disconnect other devices, test in Safe Boot, maybe set up a new user account & test there.

Edit: Noticed I was on Dymo Label 8.5.2 and no updates shown available, so I went out to Dymo and downloaded 8.5.4 and installed. Now seeing same symptoms, printer which was available in System Preferences is now gone. Investigating.
[doublepost=1478264539][/doublepost]So, here's what I have so far. I installed Dymo Label 8.5.2 from the Support tab at http://www.dymo.com/en-US/labelmanager-pnp-label-maker on a different Mac also running 10.12.1, and the printer works fine there. Shows up in System Preferences, Dymo Label works. It did not show up as a printer until Dymo Label 8.5.2 was installed.

I deleted Dymo Label 8.5.4 from the original machine and reinstalled 8.5.2, still nothing here. It seems that the 8.5.4 installation has done something to prevent this from working.

I sent a support request to Dymo on this, will update here if I find a solution.

Last edited:

jamessezhi

macrumors newbie
Oct 11, 2013
THANKS A LOT!!! Worked perfectly. Spent over 1hr with DYMO phone support and even they didn't know about this fix. Am using MaxOS Sierra...

I got it working.

1. Delete /Applications/Dymo Label.app
2. Delete /System/Library/Extensions/DymoUsbPrinterClassDriver.kext
3. Delete /Library/LaunchAgents/com.dymo.dls.webservice.plist
4. Delete /Library/LaunchDaemons/com.dymo.pnpd.plist
5. Restart
6. Install Dymo Label 8.5.2 from http://www.dymo.com/en-US/labelmanager-pnp-label-maker Support tab

kaerukodo

macrumors newbie
Jul 23, 2017
I got it working.

1. Delete /Applications/Dymo Label.app
2. Delete /System/Library/Extensions/DymoUsbPrinterClassDriver.kext
3. Delete /Library/LaunchAgents/com.dymo.dls.webservice.plist
4. Delete /Library/LaunchDaemons/com.dymo.pnpd.plist
5. Restart
6. Install Dymo Label 8.5.2 from http://www.dymo.com/en-US/labelmanager-pnp-label-maker Support tab

OH MY !!! Thank you SO MUCH for sorting this printing problem out !!!!!
Not very confortable with computing, I used an app to delete my Dymo label files and then install the 8.5.2 (I'm on Sierra and tried before to install the 8.5.4 and it didn't work): everything went very well, very easily !
Great info, thanks again
:):):):):):apple:

martyr

macrumors member
Jun 19, 2007
I still couldn't get this to work on macOS Mojave. What a joke this DYMO software is. It's 2018 and your Mac support is dismal. I ended up launching my Boot Camp on VMWare and creating the labels that way. What a joke.

Reactions: baddj
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.