Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

macjock

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 30, 2008
Hello,

I have my e mail alias addresses set up when I access mail via me.com. The problem is when I use my mail app on my ibook not all of the alias addresses are exporting over and as such are not available to use.

What do I need to do?

TIA

macjock

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 30, 2008
When I click on e mail addresses it launches the log in page to mobile me. When I look in mobile me the aliases are correct however in mail app I still have some old addresses and some are not there at all.

I have also noted that an address I have created with a .me suffix in mobile me is appearing in my mail app with a .mac suffix. This address was created long after .mac ceased to exist???

swiftaw

macrumors 603
Jan 31, 2005
Omaha, NE, USA
When I click on e mail addresses it launches the log in page to mobile me. When I look in mobile me the aliases are correct however in mail app I still have some old addresses and some are not there at all.

I have also noted that an address I have created with a .me suffix in mobile me is appearing in my mail app with a .mac suffix. This address was created long after .mac ceased to exist???

Don't click on the Edit aliases button, just manual type them into the text box directly above the button. Then when you compose an email you can choose which address to send it from.

macjock

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 30, 2008
Don't click on the Edit aliases button, just manual type them into the text box directly above the button. Then when you compose an email you can choose which address to send it from.

Ok I'll try that. Is it easy enough to delete the old ones?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.