Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

DiamondGCoupe

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 12, 2007
Hi,

I have continuously noticed that my iPad receives mail notifications well in advance of the same e-mail on my iPhone, even from an Exchange Account.

Both my iPad and iPhone have the same 4 e-mail accounts, same Push and Fetch settings (15 minutes), and it happens everytime so it's not really a matter of the iPad Fetching 2 minutes before the iPhone, or timing from when I last put my iPad in Airplane mode etc.

Is there a specific reason this happens? Both devices are on same WiFi network.

Edit: I also tried Resetting Network Settings on my iPhone yesterday. Didn't help.

ionjohn

macrumors 65816
Jun 5, 2013
Canada
I have 2 hotmail accounts on my iPhone and both are set up as outlook accounts yet one takes longer to check for emails. It looks like a similar issue.

infamous84

macrumors member
Oct 7, 2010
i had the same issue, i tested this on an android device S4 and an iphone 5s, both on the same wifi network, email exchange server settings all identical. The S4 was 3-5 seconds faster at receiving mail then the iphone, even got it before the outlook client on my desktop.

Tested again on my htc m8 and same results. This was tested on multiple Iphone 5 and 5s all had the same results. Ios 7 and 7.1

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.