Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Jman1

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 27, 2008
Could someone please direct me to a site or location for specific instructions on setting up e-mail?

Is this easier done in person at ATT or the Genius Bar?

Also, about how long should this battery live before needing a re-charge?
If I listen to music for a few hours about half of its life is gone. Is this normal?

Thanks

philgilder

macrumors 68000
Sep 30, 2007
UK
setting up what email? gmail? hotmail? yahoo? other?

iphones battery should last 24 hours playing music

however, with wifi on, or using safari/edge etc the battery will drop far quicker

lindsayanng

macrumors 68000
May 4, 2008
East Haven, CT
if you just google mobile email set up, there are a BUNCH of websites that have great instructions on how to do this. It is different for each carrier, so in those websites, you usually have to pick which email client you are using, like AOL, GMAIL, or even a personal website account. I have three email accounts set up on my iphone and i LOVE it. Its quick and easy to check my mail instead of logging into a web server.

As far as battery life, it all depends.. If you use it as an ipod, obviously your battery wont last AS long, but i have used my iphone at work for 3+ hours as an ipod and made calls and surfed the net and emailed and i still had battery to spare when i got home..

Also, if you have a car charger, and you are dilligent about charging your phone everytime you get in your car, you should ever have an issue.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.