Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

b1scu1t

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 17, 2011
Hello,

I have an unlocked iPhone 11 with a T-mobile e-sim. We currently have a 12 Pro Max and another 13 Pro Max is enroute. I am planning to transfer the e-sim from the 12 Pro Max into the 13 Pro Max, and from the 11 into the reset 12 Pro Max.

Further the plans are to ship the iPhone 11 to a family member who needs a new phone. Unfortunately a friend of mine who is going to take this phone is leaving on Friday afternoon and as you can imagine I am getting the new 13 Pro Max some time on friday. With all this said, is there anyway I can "deactivate" the sim on the 11 and reactivate it in the reset 12 Pro Max on thursday night/friday during the day? I don't mind the number associated with iphone 11 being off line for a day, if I can get this phone shipped out.

I am open to any other suggestions on how I can get this going.

Thank you!

yukari

macrumors 6502a
Jun 29, 2010
You can deactivate the esim by "removing the cellular plan" on the settings-->cellular setting.

But you cannot reactivate the same esim. You will need a new esim.

b1scu1t

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 17, 2011
You can deactivate the esim by "removing the cellular plan" on the settings-->cellular setting.

But you cannot reactivate the same esim. You will need a new esim.
How do I do that. Just through the T-Mobile web site?

yukari

macrumors 6502a
Jun 29, 2010
It's on your phone.
Settings-->cellular--> remove this cellular plan

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.