Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

BiikeMike

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Sep 17, 2005
most of those games have been out for a while.

Beware not all (at least bf2142) don't work well with the new iMac

but... but... but.....

Oh well. I searched for EA Games on here, and only found threads on people waiting for them.

Jack Flash

macrumors 65816
May 8, 2007
System Requirements:
Mac OS X v10.4.9 or later
1.83GHz or faster Intel Core Duo processor
1GB RAM
6GB free hard-disk space
Video card: ATI X1600 series or later; NVIDIA GeForce 7300 or later
DVD-ROM drive

Note: This game does not support the GMA950 integrated graphics card.

darksol360

macrumors newbie
May 24, 2007

Jack Flash

macrumors 65816
May 8, 2007
I played the demo for Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix in Bootcamp 1.4 on my MacBook and it ran fine. Not supporting the GMA950 is sloppy programming in my opinion.

gammamonk

macrumors 6502a
Jun 4, 2004
Madison, WI
So is it for sure intel only? My parents have a G5 iMac, 2.1Ghz or so-- My Dad would love to play Tiger Woods 08. The video card in the iMac should be fine...

digitalpencil

macrumors 6502
Jul 2, 2007
Manchester, UK
I played the demo for Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix in Bootcamp 1.4 on my MacBook and it ran fine. Not supporting the GMA950 is sloppy programming in my opinion.

It's not sloppy programming, its that the GMA950 is an integrated graphics chip, NOT a graphics card.. I know it sucks, but macbooks and this particular graphics sub-system were never designed for 3D gaming. they have no on-board memory resulting in diminished performance as both the GPU/CPU access RAM over the same bus.
Equally, MBPs (or the vast majority of notebooks for that matter) cannot be expected to play modern games maxed-out at hi-res.. It's simply a question of brute-power. :D

dpaanlka

macrumors 601
Nov 16, 2004
Illinois
It's not sloppy programming, its that the GMA950 is an integrated graphics chip, NOT a graphics card.. I know it sucks, but macbooks and this particular graphics sub-system were never designed for 3D gaming. they have no on-board memory resulting in diminished performance as both the GPU/CPU access RAM over the same bus.
Equally, MBPs (or the vast majority of notebooks for that matter) cannot be expected to play modern games maxed-out at hi-res.. It's simply a question of brute-power. :D

I think he means he played it on his GMA950 Mac under Bootcamp, and it ran fine, so why wouldn't it run fine under Mac OS X? Lazy programmers would be a reasonable conclusion.

Although, "not supported" does not technically mean "not compatible" - it just means if you call in complaining about it they don't have to solve any of your problems.

Eidorian

macrumors Penryn
Mar 23, 2005
Indianapolis
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.