Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MARobinson

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 29, 2010
I bought my Beats Fit Pro earbuds over a week ago. I like everything about them but the fit of the tips. Like some others, I have tried all 3 sizes and have tried everything I can think of to adjust the BFPs, but I always get the “adjust or try different size tips” message for both ears when I run the fit test. Has anyone found aftermarket tips that solved this problem for them? The sound I get is good, but I don’t want to settle for good sound if there are other tips available that would result in better sound. I am not looking for generic advice like “search Amazon” but experience with specific tips the provide the desired seal. Thanks.

Minarets

macrumors 6502a
Oct 28, 2011
My APP always tell me the test is failed even tho i think I have a great seal and can hear well.

The BFP are the only one I get two green lights for the fit test with the large silicone tips.

I did order some spinfit 360 tips and they work well as well. I prefer them.

MARobinson

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 29, 2010
Thanks Minarets. What do you prefer about the Spinfits—better sound, more comfortable, both, or something else?

MARobinson

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 29, 2010
Thanks Minarets. What did you prefer about the spinfits—better sound, more comfortable, both, something else?

Minarets

macrumors 6502a
Oct 28, 2011
They fit about the same but feel more comfy. I feel they hold a little better deeper in my ear as well.

Minarets

macrumors 6502a
Oct 28, 2011
7189f706c0edae6de0baee6dc00ca7b5.jpg

a8d799a226da87b72b35bb63e2cbe884.jpg

slueck

macrumors newbie
Mar 20, 2021
My APP always tell me the test is failed even tho i think I have a great seal and can hear well.

The BFP are the only one I get two green lights for the fit test with the large silicone tips.

I did order some spinfit 360 tips and they work well as well. I prefer them.

Do the 3 Spinfit sizes correspond to the stock BFP tip sizes?

Reactions: Minarets

MARobinson

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 29, 2010
Today I received the XL Spinfit 360s I ordered. I got a good seal in both ears the first time I did the test, and I am very happy with the sound. Problem solved! I highly recommend these.

MARobinson

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 29, 2010
Since my last post I have worn my BFPs numerous times. I have not been able to repeat my first experience with the ear tip fit test. I have no problem with my left ear but I cannot get the good seal message with my right ear unless I push in the ear bud with my finger. I have tried medium, large and extra large spinfit 360 tips on the right side, but no luck. The sound I am getting is excellent. I am beginning to agree with my wife, who told me to ignore the ear tip fit test. (She has worn AirPods Pro for two years.) Has anyone else come to the same conclusion? I do not want to spend any more hours or continue to be aggravated by test results that do not match my experience. Thanks.

Reactions: Minarets

Minarets

macrumors 6502a
Oct 28, 2011
Since my last post I have worn my BFPs numerous times. I have not been able to repeat my first experience with the ear tip fit test. I have no problem with my left ear but I cannot get the good seal message with my right ear unless I push in the ear bud with my finger. I have tried medium, large and extra large spinfit 360 tips on the right side, but no luck. The sound I am getting is excellent. I am beginning to agree with my wife, who told me to ignore the ear tip fit test. (She has worn AirPods Pro for two years.) Has anyone else come to the same conclusion? I do not want to spend any more hours or continue to be aggravated by test results that do not match my experience. Thanks.

With my AirPod pros, I never pass that ear fit test with the large silicone tips and large comply tips, however I feel the seal is great. So I don’t really care

With the BFP, it does pass the ear fit test

Javabird

macrumors 6502
Apr 27, 2015
I had one ear pass the fit test and the other one is more fiddly to get it to pass. Mostly, I don’t care, since the BFP’s still fit better than any other buds I’ve tried and sound great.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.