Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Yakuza

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 24, 2007
Lisbon, Portugal
Hey people.

Last year my girlfriend bought a early 2009 mac mini, and bought a mini dvi to vga adapter.

The thing is, the resolution is very wierd although it is at the highest resolution 1440x1000(something, don't quite remember), the image doesn't look at is best.

For example, playing Sims3 the menu bar at the bottom and even the characters looks like they're compressed vertically. Over all, the graphics in the OSX, or a web browser (including the content) has an appearance of having a resolution of 1024. it's pretty wierd.

All suggestions are very welcome.

Thank you

----------

BTW what is the difference between Mini Dvi/VGA and Mini DisplayPort/VGA, besides there's a different port lol. Now I wonder if it would be better to buy the cable with the Mini displayPort

Hellhammer

Moderator emeritus
Dec 10, 2008
Finland
What monitor does she have? Would be easier to help if we knew the resolution of that monitor and other specs too

Yakuza

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 24, 2007
Lisbon, Portugal
What monitor does she have? Would be easier to help if we knew the resolution of that monitor and other specs too

If i am not mistaken it's an LG W1943SB-PF

Resolution: 1360 x 768

yeahh...ok. i'm starting to feel stupid...guess the monitor can´t take 1440x900, and it only has VGA output

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.