Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

lokka

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 30, 2020
My early 2015 Macbook Pro had been working perfectly fine until one day the keyboard and the trackpad stopped working. Took it to apple who ran a few tests and said that it might be due to trackpad flex which this model is common for. However, after he ran a few tests and plugged in an external keyboard, it started working again. His advice was if it happens again either use an external keyboard and trackpad or pay $300 to get it fixed.
It did stop working again after a few days and I decided to use my magic keyboard and trackpad until the new M1 macs come out but then magically after ordering the new M1 Mac, the keyboard and the trackpad started working again for a few weeks, and then now it's not working again!

Does anyone know if this is because of the trackpad flex cable being lose? or could it be something else?

Thanks

JLH81

macrumors regular
May 10, 2016
I wouldn't pay $300 to fix it. If you can afford it, just pick up an M1!

lokka

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 30, 2020
Ya I don't want to pay that much either and I've picked up an M1
I still want to have this fixed to have as a back up. So if it's the trackpad cable that is the issue I was thinking of fixing it myself

lokka

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 30, 2020
Just Change the cable. There is a lot of info on the internet on this issue
cool so you can confirm this is definitely a cable issue?! I'm planning to change it but didnt want to open up my macbook if it was a software issue or something :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.