Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

TorontoSS

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Nov 9, 2009
Hello - I bought an Hermes Double tour watch band from 2015 on ebay. The markings are there but some aren't. What I notice is:

- impressive detail on the clasp saying "HERMES".
- Detail on the clasp saying "STAINLESS STEEL"
- Detail on the connectors saying "Made for Apple" on both sides
- the right screws

What makes me a bit apprehensive, is that the double tour, should have a "bump" at the bottom and it doesn't and it doesn't say "Hermes Made in France". Now before I bought it, I saw it said "for demo" and the seller claims it was for demo and therefore didn't have the made in france imprint and also notes the band first was released like this but then immediately taken off.

i'd be grateful for any thoughts and thank you in advance!

IMG_0387.jpeg
IMG_0391.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_0392.jpeg
    IMG_0392.jpeg
    1,023.3 KB · Views: 40

mikedop

macrumors 603
Dec 30, 2019
Oklahoma
band collector here, but not very well knowledgable on hermes straps in particular.

This looks legit to me, likely an early sample piece or intended for store display. The bump you're referring to, if I had to assume, is likely a reenforcement piece embedded in the leather to increase durability for continued use, but since this specific piece wasn't intended to be worn, I'd bet they just decided not to include the reenforcement, for whatever reason.

I've seen 'display only' hermes straps before, so I wouldn't think it's fake. I also doubt the double tour was released initially without that extra piece under the leather, the person who told you that was probably making it up.

Reactions: TorontoSS

TorontoSS

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Nov 9, 2009
Hi mikedop, thank you v v much. That’s an incredibly helpful reply - that also makes me feel much better!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.