Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Reality4711

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 8, 2009
scotland
I want to build a garden room for myself.
Could do it my usual way - start change as I go - but would really like to plan this one.
So a 'simple to use' design/drawing app for my iPad Pro.

Best suggestions please; simple UI, low cost(free) and I suppose an easy delete/undo method as I am going to need that a lot!!

Reality4711

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 8, 2009
scotland
The action I particularly want is when a hand drawn line or shape is converted by the app into straight lines and can then be adjusted.

floral

macrumors 65816
Jan 12, 2023
Earth
I want to build a garden room for myself.
Could do it my usual way - start change as I go - but would really like to plan this one.
So a 'simple to use' design/drawing app for my iPad Pro.

Best suggestions please; simple UI, low cost(free) and I suppose an easy delete/undo method as I am going to need that a lot!!
Sketchbook is a free app with a pro version that has everything you're looking for and extra:

- Simple, easy to use, designed for beginners and intermediates
- Has shape magnet tool that clings lines to a set of shapes
- Magic wand selection for seperating colors
- Very customizable UI
- Quick undos/redos

I remember paying around $2-3 for the Pro upgrade (on desktop it's a lot more expensive), but all the features you need are in the free one.

Reality4711

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 8, 2009
scotland
Sketchbook is a free app with a pro version that has everything you're looking for and extra:

- Simple, easy to use, designed for beginners and intermediates
- Has shape magnet tool that clings lines to a set of shapes
- Magic wand selection for seperating colors
- Very customizable UI
- Quick undos/redos

I remember paying around $2-3 for the Pro upgrade (on desktop it's a lot more expensive), but all the features you need are in the free one.
That sounds perfect. Thank you all very much. I will report back when project gets going.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.