Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MrMister111

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jan 28, 2009
UK
I want an easy way to share some pics and vids to family.

I know you can send them, but I want a central place where they can look themselves and pic and choose if want to download.

I’ve looked into Flickr and photo sharing websites but don’t seem to do exactly what I want and be easy. Also some members are elderly and so the easier the better.

I don’t have any experience of building a website. I was going to use iWeb from iLife but that’s all gone now I see.

I wouldn’t mind paying a little for a service/plan or whatever, I would want a login as wouldn’t want the site to be public/only allow log ins I give.

Is this easy to do? Is a website the best way as I’ve looked online and as there is a mix of iPhone/iPad/Android it doesn’t seem easy.

Thanks

organicCPU

macrumors 6502a
Aug 8, 2016
If you already do have some webspace available or if you do have a reasonable fast internet connection at home, just try to set up your own sharing service like owncloud. I'm utilizing a similar app called Pydio on a common rented webspace. Give Gallery a try, too. Especially for sharing from a home connection, there is preconfigured hardware with image sharing solutions, e.g. integrated into a NAS from Synology. Basic setup of such sharing platforms should be easy enough, but your mileage may vary.

Puppuccino

macrumors 6502
Sep 24, 2019
United Kingdom
You could look into a website builder service that lets you password protect pages. A low monthly subscription to something like that might be the most cost effective.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.