Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Nermal

Original poster
Staff member
Dec 7, 2002
New Zealand
I've recently bought a new machine and it has OS 10.15. Previously I was running 10.13 and used EasyFind fairly regularly.

It doesn't seem to work correctly on 10.15, yet I'm struggling to find other reports of the issue. I open the app, set 'Search for' to 'File Contents', and drag a folder into the folder menu. I then type a word that I know appears in multiple files.

However, when I perform the search, it returns '0 found/295 done'. It's just refusing to see the text, even though it most definitely exists in the files.

Does anyone know whether EasyFind is supposed to still work on 10.15? I see that the app hasn't had an update for a few years now so I'm not sure what the current status of it is. Does anyone know?

Edit: Argh! Of course, right after posting I figured it out. I had to go to 'Settings' and add the file type to the list in there. Note that this is NOT the same thing as Preferences! I'd looked in there first and didn't notice that Settings was something different.

Weaselboy

Staff member
Jan 23, 2005
California
Just a suggestion, you might also want to add EasyFind to Full Disk Access to get more complete results. I use Find Any File (similar to Easy Find) and I got more complete results after making this change.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-08-23 at 9.32.41 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-08-23 at 9.32.41 AM.png
    450.1 KB · Views: 240

Nermal

Original poster
Staff member
Dec 7, 2002
New Zealand
I'm using it to search within specific folders, rather than the whole machine, but that's good to know. Thanks!

Reactions: Weaselboy

nrod

macrumors newbie
Jun 4, 2021
We used Easy Find 5.0.2 to search for files on the server via the AFP protocol. Now we switch to SMB since AFP is deprecated & the app is not producing results. Basically, it works on AFP but not on SMB. The app has Full Disk Access. We are running Monterey 12.6 * & BigSur 11.7

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.