Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

satchmo

macrumors 603
Original poster
Aug 6, 2008
Canada
I still love the form factor of the smaller SE, but not so much it's huge bezels.

Just thinking how an iPhone SE with and edge-to-edge display would be awesome. Still small form factor that allows for one hand navigation, but with increased screen area.

Throw in an upgraded processor, and improved battery.
How many here would like something like this? :)

titrau

Suspended
Aug 16, 2017
4 inch too small now ....

after using 5.5 i dont want go back old way ... too small for all stuff

nrvna76

macrumors 65816
Aug 4, 2010
I would hope that is the only option for iPhone SE..2..?S..? But I have no idea if the SE sold enough to put innovation into it. My wife would love to upgrade her SE.

joeblow7777

macrumors 604
Sep 7, 2010
To be honest, I think that the SE came into being because Apple already had the 5s frame ready to go. I'm not sure that they will put R&D into developing a new design for a "mini" phone.

Reactions: nrvna76

joeblow7777

macrumors 604
Sep 7, 2010
All profit on that one!

Exactly. Take the internals from the 6s, stick them in the frame of the 5s, and BAM! New product! Not to put down the SE, but it was like heating up leftovers when you can't be bothered to cook a new meal.

Reactions: nrvna76

saltd

macrumors 6502a
Aug 1, 2010
I still love the form factor of the smaller SE, but not so much it's huge bezels.

Just thinking how an iPhone SE with and edge-to-edge display would be awesome. Still small form factor that allows for one hand navigation, but with increased screen area.

Throw in an upgraded processor, and improved battery.
How many here would like something like this? :)

I would absolutely buy this.

Cancelled
Jul 12, 2016
I would hope that is the only option for iPhone SE..2..?S..? But I have no idea if the SE sold enough to put innovation into it. My wife would love to upgrade her SE.

I don't believe the iPhone SE was ever intended to be innovative. It's core existence was to incorporate an iPhone specific size for a demographic that wanted a smaller iPhone, but doesn't necessarily need all the latest technology Incorporated, and also to make the price point affordable. The iPhone SE was also intended for India's market and commerce.

https://www.macrumors.com/2017/05/17/apple-iphones-india/amp/

trip1ex

macrumors 68030
Jan 10, 2008
Where can I buy the iPHOne SEX?

Love the SE. Hell I'd drop back down to 3.5" for even easier one handed use. Don't do much video on my phone and pics don't use all the 4" screen anyway.

asleep

macrumors 68040
Sep 26, 2007
Love the SE. Hell I'd drop back down to 3.5" for even easier one handed use. Don't do much video on my phone and pics don't use all the 4" screen anyway.

I'd love a 4S chassis with updated everything.

Speck Pixelskin HD case and good to go. :cool:

manni

macrumors regular
Mar 17, 2010
Looking at the apple website we can see that they are continuing to sell the 6S.

I had assumed the 6S would be dropped and this would mean that the manufacturing of the SE would no longer be getting the economy of scale benefits from sharing internal components and would thus be updated maybe in the spring.

However seeing the price point of the 6S I find it hard to believe Apple will update the SE before this time next year - any update will make it faster than the 6S. I suppose they could bring the newer touch ID etc as a very minor update but can't see them bothering.

Or are my thoughts wide of the mark? When the SE came out it was tremendous value for money matching the flagship for a much lower price. It seems to now be heading just simply to being a cheaper iPhone.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.