Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

FallenAnjel

macrumors member
Original poster
May 10, 2010
On and Island that is Long.
I finally learned I can turn off HEIC option in iphone settings just three weeks ago so this won't be a problem going foward (After I've had the phone for 5 years now!), however, what's with the issue with transferring Edited HEIC files from iphone to storage drive (On windows)??? there's always that ONE photo that won't copy. I always end up moving photos by the type. First all jpgs, then pngs, then mov's, then heic's (which are no problem). But the Edited ones? (I'm assuming edited hence the "E").. I do one at a time and at least one will freeze everything up. I have to unconnect the phone reconnect it, wait until everything loads and go back to transferring them. When you have 100 of those files it's insanely tedius and time consuming. I don't have time for this crap.

I thought I figured out a way to do it a few years ago but darned if I can remember. I seem to remember opening each one up to look at it to see if I wanted to save it and if not I didn't copy it over.

I can't be the only one who has had this issue. This happens on all computers and operating systems so it's not a system issue. (iphone issue?)..

Anyone have any ideas? I'll try to get screen recording and add it to this post. If it's here.. I got it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.