Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

tuner4life

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 3, 2007
Burlington, Wi
This is for the people that have used http://www.hacktheiphone.com/index.html and unlocked their phone

First download wavepad then open whatever mp3 file you want as a ringtone. Next edit the length of the ringtone by selecting and cutting out the unwanted parts. Once you got the the part that you want as your ringtone highlight and select the whole mp3, now heres the part to make them sound good, go up to effects and go to high-pass filter. then go to the preset that says General Audio Cleanup. After that you go to effects again and then click amplify and set it to 150% gain....once you save it to your computer it will save as a wav file so you will need to convert it back over to an mp3 and then you should be good to go to use jailbreak's iphoneinterface :apple:

SiLeNtKiLLa

macrumors member
Jun 27, 2007
This is for the people that have used http://www.hacktheiphone.com/index.html and unlocked their phone

First download wavepad then open whatever mp3 file you want as a ringtone. Next edit the length of the ringtone by selecting and cutting out the unwanted parts. Once you got the the part that you want as your ringtone highlight and select the whole mp3, now heres the part to make them sound good, go up to effects and go to high-pass filter. then go to the preset that says General Audio Cleanup. After that you go to effects again and then click amplify and set it to 150% gain....once you save it to your computer it will save as a wav file so you will need to convert it back over to an mp3 and then you should be good to go to use jailbreak's iphoneinterface :apple:

Works great...rings sound wwwwaaayyy better now!

Djmx

macrumors 6502
Jun 29, 2007
All this can be done in garageband :]

Can i make it Louder in Gargeband..? can u please tell me how?? i dnt wanna mess with the gain volume it messes up the quailty and the bass or wutever u call it ...

ichii

macrumors 6502a
Sep 20, 2006
I use Audacity it's really easy to use, just load up the mp3, then highlight and trim. I believe it's a windows program, but if you can duo boot run the program in windows and then copy it over to your mac.

tuner4life

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 3, 2007
Burlington, Wi
I use Audacity it's really easy to use, just load up the mp3, then highlight and trim. I believe it's a windows program, but if you can duo boot run the program in windows and then copy it over to your mac.

yeah i tried using audacity and when i loaded them onto the iphone they were too quiet and when i would try to edit the volume to make them louder, they ringtones would sound wayyy too bassy on the phone

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.