Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Callmeslapnuts

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 25, 2019
Hamilton, NJ
So I took a photo and used markup to add some texts boxes. I finished, then saved the new picture.
Then I wanted to go back and change something, but when I opened it back up in markup, I could not select the text boxes in order to re-edit them. It was like when it saves it just fuses the text to the photo and deletes the actual box.

Has anyone one else ever ran into this?

bmac89

macrumors 65816
Aug 3, 2014
So I took a photo and used markup to add some texts boxes. I finished, then saved the new picture.
Then I wanted to go back and change something, but when I opened it back up in markup, I could not select the text boxes in order to re-edit them. It was like when it saves it just fuses the text to the photo and deletes the actual box.

Has anyone one else ever ran into this?

Not on iOS 13 yet but if you don’t find a solution in the meantime perhaps you can restore photo to default and then use markup to create a new text box. Obviously not the way it should work but hopefully it is a one off glitch or bug that will be fixed soon.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.