Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Neil.gtis

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 12, 2021
England
Hi ok bear with me on this it’s easy to ask than type
I editing some video from a action camera from a Sd card I click on the card and it shows the clips in quick time video
I click on the video to trim and trim and save it I want to go back to my sd card
If I click file close it closes quick time
And I have to click on my sd card on the desk top to start again
I hope you all understand my question
Neil

ColdCase

macrumors 68040
Feb 10, 2008
NH
You click on the card and the finder gives you a list of videos that are on the card, right? You pick a video file and it opens in the Quick time application? You edit the video and save? Then you close the window via the QuickYime file menu? Then you click on the card and it shows the list of files? You select another

Thats the way it is suppose to work.

Instead of using the desktop, you can use open file in the QuickTime file menu and point it to the SD card which will give you a list of files on the card. If you want to edit several videos without using the finder or file menu, select all the files on the SD card you want to edit, double click and you will get a separate QuickTime window for each video. Work on one, close it, work on another, close it until you are done.

Do you know how to select multiple files? (you hold down command as you click on them individually. Or you can select several at a time by selecting the first file and hold down shift and select the last one in the list)

Neil.gtis

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 12, 2021
England
Hi
Thanks that’s basically what I was doing
It works differently on a windows pc
That’s what I am used to
Neil

Neil.gtis

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 12, 2021
England
It’s ok how it works just wondering if I was doing it wrong with me coming from windows
Neil

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.