Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Mac 128

macrumors 603
Original poster
Apr 16, 2015
Are Edition owners happy or disappointed after receiving the Edition watch?

Does it measure up to the quality you were expecting for the price?

placidity44

macrumors 6502
May 20, 2015
They're Edition owners. They're either happy already or they don't care.

This exactly. If I had 10-17 grand to blow on a watch I would either like it or not even give it a second thought. When you have that kind of money to spend on a watch it's just like to them buying a meal from mcdonalds.

x-android

macrumors newbie
May 23, 2015
Happy?

it's useful for being more than a watch. Other than that it's just a device.

it takes more than a material thing to make me happy. like getting a puppy or a beautiful weather or a starry sky or a nice dinner with the family or passing an exam lol :eek:

BeyondtheTech

macrumors 68020
Jun 20, 2007
Happy?

it's useful for being more than a watch. Other than that it's just a device.

it takes more than a material thing to make me happy. like getting a puppy or a beautiful weather or a starry sky or a nice dinner with the family or passing an exam lol :eek:

When I meant "happy," I was already inferring to their entire lifestyle in general. If they can afford an Edition, they're likely already happy in life by being able to afford the finer, as well as simpler, things in life without having as much to worry about, or worrying a lot less than most of us.

Rlong405

macrumors member
Sep 11, 2013
Uk
Loads of sweeping generalisation going on here about edition owners again

I doubt that every edition owner considered their purchase to simply be throw away money. I suspect there will be people who have bought one but it was still a significant purchase for them.

In the same way that I could easily afford a SS with black link band at nearly £1000 but I haven't ordered one cause I'm still thinking about it due to price vs the fact that I love the look.

x-android

macrumors newbie
May 23, 2015
When I meant "happy," I was already inferring to their entire lifestyle in general. If they can afford an Edition, they're likely already happy in life by being able to afford the finer, as well as simpler, things in life without having as much to worry about, or worrying a lot less than most of us.

I was answering the op's question: if I am happy with my watch or not. I'm not happy nor disappointed. It's a watch that does more. It's convenient.

MICHAELSD

macrumors 603
Jul 13, 2008
NJ
If I had a huge disposable income and wanted an Apple Watch regardless, what's $10k for a product I would've bought at $400 anyway?

zmunkz

macrumors 6502a
Nov 4, 2007
Why is everyone attacking te OP? The question is simple and fair: For people who justified spending 10K+, are they satisfied with what they received? I am curious as well.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.