Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

chazco

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 22, 2010
My 2010 Macbook Pro was purchased in a UK retail store with the 15% educational discount. I also purchased AppleCare at a discounted rate.

I'm now planning on selling my Macbook Pro but I'm not sure what happens to AppleCare. Does it get transferred to the new owner and if so do I have to notify Apple?

Thanks in advance :)

Last edited:

iStudentUK

macrumors 65816
Mar 8, 2009
London
Do you know that UK HE students get 3 year warranty if they buy online or over the phone anyway, without the need to buy AppleCare? Not in store though.

Anyway, as GGJ says you can transfer AppleCare very easily.

chazco

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 22, 2010
Thanks for the replies.

I had a look at the UK version of that page. I know you can transfer AppleCare but I wasn't certain if the educational discount affected that. I've checked with my local Apple Store and it appears that it doesn't.

Do you know that UK HE students get 3 year warranty if they buy online or over the phone anyway, without the need to buy AppleCare? Not in store though.

I didn't know when I bought it, but I've recently heard about it. Sounds like a pretty decent deal.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.