Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Risco

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jul 22, 2010
United Kingdom
So I have an iPhone XS. My iPhone 13 is turning up Friday. What is the process to transfer the eSim to new phone and deactivate on old one?

squawk7000

macrumors 6502a
Sep 20, 2021
Scotland
@dbrose very helpfully posted the procedure in another thread

Reactions: Risco

slyronit

macrumors 6502
Apr 7, 2020
I am curious if this worked for you. I am thinking of buying a new iPhone in a different country and I cannot get a new eSim for my number until I go back to my native country. Is the process seamless?

catean

Suspended
Jun 16, 2013
London, UK
I am curious if this worked for you. I am thinking of buying a new iPhone in a different country and I cannot get a new eSim for my number until I go back to my native country. Is the process seamless?
Yes, it's seamless. You can either login in the EE app and download the eSIM directly to the device, or download a QR code on the old device and scan it with the new device.

garethpauljones

macrumors newbie
Jun 9, 2009
EE have (temporarily?) removed the ability to buy a new eSIM from their app for security reasons. I went in to a store yesterday and they gave me a new QR code that I used to transfer my plan to a new iPhone. Just bear in mind that it deactivates your plan on your old phone whilst they set up the QR code in store.

slyronit

macrumors 6502
Apr 7, 2020
Is there no way to do it without the operator's app or intervention? Do the methods mentioned in this article not work?

slyronit

macrumors 6502
Apr 7, 2020
That article from Apple is misleading. They should mention that the method only works with some supported carriers.

Reactions: catean
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.